About IRS 501(c)(3)
Auto-revocation is the process in which the IRS revokes a nonprofit’s tax-exempt, 501(c) status for failure to file Form 990 for three consecutive years.
If your organization’s 501(c)(3) status has been revoked, here’s what it means to you:
- Your nonprofit is no longer considered charitable
- Donations to your nonprofit are no longer tax-deductible to the donor
- Your nonprofit will now be taxed like a for-profit company
- You may have serious, expensive state consequences, as well
The ramifications for those revoked couldn’t be more critical. Verify your nonprofit’s 501(c)(3) status by clicking here.
How Reinstatement Works
Foundation Group has helped over 1,000 nonprofits to regain their 501(c)(3) status. And that’s in addition to the over 20,000 startup nonprofits we’ve successfully walked through the original 501(c)(3) process. We know how this works, and can help you get your taxexemption back again.
Here’s what we’ll do:
- Evaluate your current situation, both federal and state
- Advise you on your best course of corrective action
- Prepare the documents necessary to regain your 501(c)(3) status
- Represent your case with the IRS and handle any questions on your behalf
- Work to eliminate any outstanding IRS and/or state compliance
concerns, including preparation of your missed Form 990s